For over 40 years, we have provided exceptional service and affordable divorces for hundreds of thousands of our clients. We are conveniently located in downtown Elizabeth, New Jersey.
With our experienced team handling every detail of your uncontested divorce, we can expedite the entire process quickly and efficiently for an affordable fee.
If any of this sounds interesting to you, click here to speak to one of the members of our experienced team to move forward with your divorce today! Otherwise, read on to learn about uncontested divorces and how the Divorce Center can expedite your divorce case.
What is an Uncontested Divorce?
There are two basic forms of divorce; contested and uncontested. Contested divorces are much more volatile and time-consuming. They happen when your spouse spends thousands of dollars to hire a lawyer to fight with you.
An uncontested divorce means your spouse will not hire an attorney to contest the divorce once notified. Terms of the Divorce are decided by you. (ex. Custody, child support, alimony, property etc.
How Long Does an Uncontested Divorce Take?
This is a quick and easy process. Our experienced team will prepare the necessary forms, double check for errors, before filing them. A regular uncontested divorce process takes 4 to 8 weeks in New Jersey if your partner is willing to sign.
If the spouse is unwilling to sign, the process can take about 1 month longer. We will hire a sheriff on your behalf to deliver the divorce papers to your spouse, which removes the need for the initial signature. The sheriff charges a small fee, usually around $50.
How Expensive is an Uncontested Divorce?
The Divorce Center is proud to offer the most affordable uncontested divorce costs in Elizabeth, New Jersey.
There’s a lot of uncertainty attached to the cost of a divorce, especially if you hire a divorce lawyer. These professionals charge on an hourly basis, which can add up to a big amount in a short time. We offer flat rate charges to our clients so they don’t have to worry about finances in this trying time. Here’s a look at the costs involved:
- Basic Rate – The basic flat rate is $399 and is applicable to uncontested divorces that don’t include children. Our team will prepare all needed paperwork to ensure the divorce goes smoothly and is recorded in court.
- Rate For Children – If child custody or property issues are involved, we need additional paperwork and must fill out the required forms. The cost of this service is $499 and it includes all the required forms. You won’t need to seek out other professionals for this aspect of the divorce proceedings.
- Court Fees – The court will charge a standard fee for its services. It is paid directly to the court. This fee usually amounts to $300 and is paid at the time of the filing. The court fee with children in New Jersey is $325.
There are no other hidden costs or expenses involved, which means you won’t have to deal with unexpected surprises at the end of the case. Clients pay the Divorce Center fee when starting the divorce. They need to pay the court fees approximately a month after that.
Why Choose Us
Choosing the right professional can help you get through this trying process quickly and painlessly. There are many establishments that offer assistance and a fast divorce, but few can truly deliver. Here are some reasons why you should consider us for the job:
- We have over four decades of experience in this field and can handle all kinds of challenges related to the process.
- An excellent client support team responds promptly to all client requests and provides detailed information regarding the process.
- We provide services to clients in New York and New Jersey.
- Clients can use a divorce by mail service if they are unable or unwilling to visit our office.
We’re not just a website and a team of professionals behind the screen. Professionals consult with clients on every case directly so you have face-to-face interaction with the person assigned to assist you.
If you want to know more about our services at The Divorce Center, don’t hesitate to call us on 1-800-762-3111 for New Jersey or contact us through our contact form. The team will be happy to help you in every way possible.