The divorce process is controlled by strict laws and guidelines. Married couples can only divorce if they follow these guidelines as required and fill out the right forms. Unfortunately, even uncontested divorces can be challenging, which is why it’s always a good idea to hire professionals for the job.
At The Divorce Center, we have experienced and professional experts who can help you with all aspects of this process. We have been in this industry for over 40 years and have handled more than 400,000 uncontested divorce cases so you can trust us to do this job well.
Difference Between Contested and Uncontested New Jersey Divorce
Divorce proceedings can be broadly classified into contested and uncontested. Both options require different approaches and forms. Here’s a look at the difference between both options:
- Contested Divorce – Contested divorce is a case that requires intervention from an impartial third party because the couple involved couldn’t come to a satisfactory agreement. This is a long and complicated process, which is why legal experts and divorce lawyers always encourage clients to settle their differences out of court.
- Uncontested Divorce in New Jersey – Your spouse will not hire an attorney to contest the divorce once notified. Terms are decided by you. (ex. Custody, Child Support, Alimony, Property, Etc…)
What Do You Need to Know About Uncontested Divorce NJ?
This divorce process is favorable, but it is important to make sure you know what’s involved. Our professionals will explain the process, paperwork, forms, and similar aspects of the process carefully, so you can make an informed decision. Here are some of the most important factors you should know:
- Either you or your spouse must be a resident of New Jersey for at least a year to apply for a divorce here.
- The process takes around 4 to 8 weeks if both parties sign. If your spouse will not sign the Divorce will take about a month longer.
- You will be making a short court appearance. That is when the judge will sign your papers and finalize the divorce. Your spouse does not need to appear.
One of the most important benefits of an uncontested divorce is the cost. Our rates are competitive, so you don’t have to spend thousands of dollars on this process. The base price is $399 and includes all the necessary paperwork. The court will need more forms if you have children or property, which requires more time and effort to fill out. This service costs $499 and includes all paperwork.
Our rates don’t include any court fees. Court fees are $300, with children $325 and must be paid directly to the court. This means you don’t need to spend thousands of dollars on your uncontested divorce.
Uncontested Divorce Forms NJ
All legal processes, including uncontested divorces, require a significant amount of paperwork and forms. The volume and nature of the paperwork vary based on your personal circumstances but here’s a look at the different forms required:
- Summons with Notice
- Verified Complaint
- Notice of Authentic Orders
- Affirmation of Regularity
- Affidavit of Service
- Child Support Worksheet
- Qualified Medical Child Support Order
- Affidavit of Defendant
- Support Collection Unit Information Sheet
- Part 130 Certificate
- Notice of Entry
- Certificate of Dissolution of Marriage
These are just some of the many New Jersey divorce forms required by the court. Our paralegal experts have worked in this industry for a very long time and know what kind of paperwork the court requires.
Why Choose Us?
There are several divorce centers and companies in New Jersey but finding the right one will ensure you have a smooth experience. Inexperienced professionals can make mistakes, cause delays, and even compromise your interests. Here are some reasons why we are a good choice:
- We are a large company that has handled over 400,000 cases in the past. This ensures we can help you with all aspects involved in the process easily.
- Our professionals prepare all required divorce papers in New Jersey based on your special circumstances.
- We have a well-trained staff that will ensure all work is carried out without any errors.
- All our work is fully guaranteed so you don’t have to worry about the results.
- We offer Divorce by Mail services, so you don’t have to come into our office. You can send all the needed information through emails or mail and we will handle the rest.
- Your spouse’s signature is not required. We will arrange for a sheriff or process server to serve your spouse for a reasonable fee.
If you need a professional you can trust and don’t want to spend thousands of dollars on a divorce, we can help.
If you want to know more about our services at The Divorce Center, don’t hesitate to call us on 1-800-762-3111 for New Jersey and 1-800-414-0333 for New York or contact us through our contact form. The team will be happy to help you in every way possible.