The Best Uncontested Divorce Services in Brooklyn
A divorce is one of the most challenging experiences in one’s life. It is a turbulent time where emotions and tempers run high, which is one of the reasons why it is important to make sure the actual divorce process goes as smoothly as possible. At The Divorce Center, we can help you go through an uncontested divorce in a short time and at an affordable rate. We specialize in uncontested divorces and have over 40 years of experience in the field.
Our experienced paralegals are very familiar with the local Brooklyn laws, which makes they can offer the most accurate advice to you.
Uncontested Divorce – The Facts
Most people don’t know the difference between contested and uncontested divorces. They’re under the impression that most separations happen in court and requires a long time. Here’s a look at some of the facts regarding uncontested divorces.
- During this divorce, both parties agree to separate and there’s no one to contest the separation.
- If there are children involved, the parties must agree on their custody arrangements, child support payments, visitation rights, etc. Unless the parties don’t come to an agreement on these matters, the uncontested divorce can’t move on.
- Marital assets like homes, cars, retirement funds, investment assets, etc, acquired during the marriage duration should be split equitably during the divorce process. If the two parties can’t agree on a reasonable division of property, a third-party intervention will become necessary.
- Uncontested divorces are less expensive and time-consuming. You won’t even need to hire a full divorce lawyer. You can hire paralegals with experience and skill in the field. They will help with the negotiations and make sure all paperwork is filed correctly.
How Quickly Can You Get a Divorce?
Don’t let the rumors about a long, drawn-out divorce fool you. It is possible to complete the entire process in a short amount of time if the divorce is handled correctly. Here are some timelines to keep in mind.
- A regular uncontested divorce where both partners agree to separate and have come to their own agreement can take anywhere around 4 to 8 weeks.
- If there’s some disagreement regarding different terms, the process can take an additional month, which means you’ll have to wait around 8 to 12 weeks for the process to complete.
We can handle all aspects of the separation to ensure the divorce goes through as quickly as it can. Our team is familiar with the paperwork filing process so they rarely make mistakes that can cause delays.
But What About the Uncontested Divorce Costs?
Divorces don’t have to be expensive, especially if both parties agree to split mutually. We offer some of the most affordable uncontested divorce services in Brooklyn. Here’s a brief price breakdown of all the costs involved:
- Basic Uncontested Divorce – This divorce is pretty straightforward. It involves parties who have already agreed on all the divorce terms or are willing to work towards the process. This is very affordable and you don’t need to spend more than $399 in paralegal fees to complete the divorce.
- Uncontested Divorce with Children – If the separating couple has children, they need to file extra paperwork and follow a slightly different process. The cost of this divorce is a little higher at $499. Our paralegal team will carefully collect and file all the paperwork needed to ensure the children’s interests are protected.
- Court Fees – Unless you have gotten a waiver, you need to pay the court fees. A standard uncontested divorce court fees will cost $300 in total. If you have children, you’ll have to pay a slightly higher amount of $325.
As you can see, it is entirely possible to finalize the divorce within $1,000. You just need to make sure you hire the right professionals to help you. As an experienced firm in this field, we know exactly how to guide clients through this difficult time in an affordable and efficient manner.
With us, you don’t need to worry about hidden costs or unnecessary delays. We will explain all the costs of an uncontested divorce clearly so you can make informed decisions regarding your finances. Our team is always willing to answer any question you might have regarding the process.
If you want to know more about uncontested divorce services that we provide in Brooklyn, you just need to call us at The Divorce Center at 1800 762 3111 or through our contact us form.